At RSUE we are committed to supporting our students’ intellectual, physical, and emotional development. Throughout this site you will find reference and short description of all academic units of the university as far as information about additional services and programs and much more.
The academic year at University lasts from the beginning of September to the end of June.
Bachelor’s degree takes 4 academic years to complete;
Specialist’s degree takes 5 or 5,5 academic years to complete;
Master’s degree takes 2 academic years to complete;
Doctor’s (Candidate of Science, PhD) degree takes 3 academic years to complete.
All the graduate and post-graduate studies can be provided as full-time and part-time studies. All the courses are given in Russian. The applicants are enrolled according to the results of entrance examinations (tests, interviews, written tasks, etc).
If you are interested in additional information concerning enrollment, please, contact the Faculty you are applying to, entrance examination Committee or International Office.
Concluding the agreement to study
To conclude the agreement to study at RSUE you should submit to the International Office the following documents:
- Passport with visa and migration card;
- Copy of passport and its notarized (officially certified) translation into Russian (translation of the documents into Russian must be certified either by the Russian Embassy or Consulate in the country where the passport was issued or notarized in Russia by a Russian notary).
- Application form
- Academic documents equivalent to Russian academic documents with a notarized translation into Russian:
- For Bachelor studies (BSc/BA): School-Leaving Certificate***
- For Master studies (MSc/MA): Bachelor’s degree Certificate or Specialist’s degree Certificate
- For Post-graduate studies (Candidate’s degree): Master’s or Specialist’s certificate
- Transcript (the document showing the list of the subjects with final results) with a notarized translation into Russian;
- Certificate of equivalence of the Education Certificate that was awarded outside the Russian Federation (this Certificate of Equivalence can be obtained in Rostov-on-Don at Center for Consulting and Monitoring of International Education)***;
- Certificate (reference) showing the results of applicant’s test in the Russian language. Or Certificate of Pre-University preparation in an accredited university.
- Medical certificate, confirming that applicant doesn’t have contra-indications for study in the Russia and at the Faculty he is applying to;
- The AIDS test result confirming that applicant hasn’t got AIDS, valid on the territory of Russia;
- Medical insurance Certificate for 1 year (must be prolonged annually until graduation);
- Six mat-surface 3×4 cm photographs.
International office has the right to require additional information or documents from the applicant.
Foreign applicants who have Certificate of passing Unified State Exam (ЕГЭ) have the right to apply to higher educational institutions by submitting its results. They may also submit their documents to several higher educational institutions simultaneously.
*** Annually the Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science updates the list of documents, certifying the level of foreign applicant’s education, who can apply to Russian universities without submitting Certificate of Equivalence. You can check the requirements on their website by picking up the country that had issued the Certificate.
Among CIS countries in 2012-2013 academic year the following School-leaving Certificates were recognized without the Certificate of Equivalence:
- Certificate of full secondary general education issued in Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Certificate of secondary education issued in Georgia;
- Certificate of secondary general education issued in Republic of Kirgizia;
- Certificate of secondary education issued in Republic of Latvia;
- Certificate of secondary education issued in Republic of Litva;
- Certificate of secondary education issued in Republic of Abkhazia;
- Certificate of secondary general education issued in Republic of Armenia;
- Certificate of general secondary education issued in Republic of Belarus;
- Certificate of secondary general education issued in Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Certificate of secondary education issued in Republic of Moldova;
- Certificate of secondary education issued in Republic of Tajikistan;
- Certificate of full secondary education issued in Republic of South Ossetia;
- Certificate of secondary education (with duration not less than 10 years) issued in Republic of Turkmenistan;
- Certificate of full general secondary education issued in Ukraine;
- Certificate of secondary education issued in Republic of Estonia.